The World Technology Summit brings together the most innovative people and organizations in science and technology from around the world. The Summit explores the vital developments in emerging technologies. This year's speakers, moderators and performers include the world renowned scientist and entrepreneur, J. Craig Venter, author and CEO of United Therapeutics, Martine Rothblatt, and award winning composer, Kenji Williams.
This year's World Technology Awards Gala will take place on the evening of November 20th, at the culmination of the two-day World Technology Summit. The winners of the World Technology Awards will be announced from the ceremony stage by James P. Clark, Founder/Chairman of the World Technology Network.
The nominees in “Space - Individual” category for 2015 are:
- Ruslan Belikov - Staff Scientist, NASA
- Cleo Loi - Partner, University of Sydney / Murchison Widefield Array
- Bill Nye - CEO, The Planetary Society
- Rick Tumlinson - Co-founder, Deep Space Industries
- Bob Twiggs - Professor of Astronautical Engineering, Morehead State University
The nominees in “Space – Institutional” category for 2015 are:
- Center for SETI Research
- Deep Space Industries
- ESA (Rosetta comet mission)
- Generation Orbit
- NASA (New Horizons mission)
- Virgin Galactic
Both Winners and Finalists will be inducted into the membership of the WTN, which now comprises over 1,000 members from over 60 countries around the world.